$17.50 an hour
Full Job Description
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor’s Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary’s skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency’s culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This temporary position is located in Butner – Granville County. There are no leave or retirement benefits offered. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.
Job Order Hourly Rate of Pay: $17.50 (Based on education and/or years of relevant work experience reflected on the application)
This temporary position will be assigned to the Department of Health & Human Services – DSOHF – RJ Blackley ADATC. This position will provide professional counseling to substance abuse consumers. Develops, implements and coordinates therapeutic treatment which includes individual, group and family counseling.
[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in posting and/or supplemental question(s) to be considered.]
- Working knowledge and application of the substance use disorder processes, including psychological and physical withdrawal
- Working knowledge of psycho pharmacy and drug interactions
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, and treatment related to decisions regarding clinical interventions and appropriate therapies based on medical and psychological diagnoses
- Thorough knowledge and application of therapeutic approaches including group dynamics, crisis interventions, and family therapy, and behavioral intervention therapy for substance use disorders
- Thorough knowledge of community support groups and resources for individuals with substance use disorders
- Skill in evaluating and screening clients for appropriate treatment and referrals
- Skill in formulating clear, goal oriented treatment plans, and concise record documentation
- Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships to include effective oral and written communication with team members, clients, and other healthcare providers
- Ability to recognize co-occurring disorders and make appropriate mental health referrals while actively continues providing substance use disorder counseling
- Ability to serve as a resource/peer consultant
High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Credentialed as a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) or as a Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professional (CCJP) to practice under the provisions of the North Carolina Substance Abuse Professional Practice Act.
- Salary Offers $17.50 an hour
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!