Full Job Description
Substance Abuse Counselor-Intensive Outpatient-Contract Position
The Substance Abuse Counselor identifies and manages patients with addictive, substance abuse, behavioral or mental health issues. In addition, the Substance Abuse Counselor will provide skill training through psycho-education and client education strategies and will develop specific behavioral treatment plans for clients. This is a contract (1099) position which means you will be responsible for taking out your own taxes and benefits will not be offered. The pay rate is based on the number of clients in group each day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct IOP-intensive outpatient therapy 3 days a week from 6pm-9pm in accordance with state regulations.
· Recognize and treat psychosocial problems, substance abuse and addiction.
· Detect at-risk patients and develop plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
· Complete all documentation requirements legibly and within specified time frames; this includes necessary documents to ensure accurate reimbursement for services provided.
· Maintain 25 hours of training credits a year.
· Attend and participate in meetings and quality improvement activities as required.
· Coordinate care between treatment providers
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Prefer bachelor’s degree in social or health services field from an accredited college or university
· Substance Abuse Counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company’s Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!