$16 – $20 an hour
Full Job Description
As a Substance Abuse Counselor, you will ensure that the emotional and clinical needs of CleanSlate patients are consistently met and maintained by completing psychosocial assessments on all patients and determining individual holistic care plans of behavioral health. In collaboration with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, and Care Coordinators our team of health care professionals’ designs treatment programs to address emotional and psychological health, as well as making sure all physical health needs are being met.
Your specific duties will include:
- Conducting and documenting daily group therapy sessions
- Completing psychosocial assessments; participating in treatment planning and team meeting
- Facilitating family and Individual therapy
- Implementing and reviewing treatment
- Discharge Planning
- Interdisciplinary Team Meetings
- Documentation within 24 hours
- Light Case Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand for prolonged periods; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel and/or reach with hands and flex and extend arms. The employee may also be required to sit for extended periods. Up to 20% overnight travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Adaptability– Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Technical/Functional Proficiency– Is proficient with Microsoft Office programs and can navigate and develop spreadsheets, presentations, and documents. Comfortable with technology and can easily learn new skills; Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer employee situations; Solicits customer employee feedback and assists the department in development of plans to improve service; anticipates and provides solutions to meet customer needs, giving high priority to customer employee satisfaction; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Attention to Detail – Performs tasks while focusing on all aspects of the task no matter how small; Checks all processes and tasks for accuracy; demonstrates vigilance in assuring completeness and accuracy of all work.
- Work Standards – Requires minimal supervision; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly; Flexible and able to put in additional hours to meet work flow demands.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Interpersonal Skills– Focuses on process improvements and resolving conflict rather than assigning blame; Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Arrives prior to training events with sufficient time to ensure preparations are complete and equipment is functioning properly.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan when commitments need to be modified.
- Master’s (Required), independently clinically licensed.
- 2+ years’ experience
- Dual Diagnosis experience preferred
- Strong behavioral therapy and assessment skills preferred
- Expertise in the needs of addicted patient populations
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution focused therapy)
- Expertise in behavioral health diagnostic assessment, addiction counseling, dual-diagnosis, individual and group therapy, discharge planning, and community resources, possess strong crisis intervention and problem-solving skills.
- Salary Offers $16 - $20 an hour
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!