Full Job Description
***$1500 SIGN ON BONUS***
Are you looking to find personal and professional fulfillment, and align your career with your values?
At Gateway Foundation, our employees have an opportunity to make a difference every day by helping people with substance abuse issues gain control of their lives.
Gateway Foundation is a recognized non-profit leader in evidence-based treatment proven to get results. Our experts in Addiction Medicine—including highly educated clinical and medical professionals and expert psychiatrists and nurses—deliver care that never stops. Throughout Gateway’s proud history of helping others, dedicated and professional employees have been vital to accomplishing our life-saving mission. Read more about the incredible recognition that we received!
If you are a collaborative professional who shares our commitment to helping people with substance abuse and mental health issues turn their lives around – GATEWAY IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
Residential (CADC, LPC or LSW) Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
- Completing comprehensive assessments of clients’ substance abuse history and treatment requirements and preparing individualized, developmentally appropriate treatment plans
- Providing individual and group counseling and educational programs in accordance with treatment plans
- Documenting treatment and discharge plans and clients’ progress and responses to treatment, as well as maintaining related records and charts
- Performing case management and contributing to client care monitoring
- Caseload typically includes some complex cases requiring more intensive services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education and life experience, with a minimum of 100 hours of documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice required
- Current certification as a substance abuse counselor (CADC) or higher licensure (LPC, LSW) in state of hire required
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
- Related work experience with program specific population (adolescent/adult) and residential treatment setting required
- Ability to walk and move about the facilities for up to two hours at a time, to monitor and interact with clients
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data
- Ability to record, proofread and check documents and files for accuracy
- Ability to respond to telephones, and to hear and detect alarms and unusual noises
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a Gateway vehicle
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a Total Rewards Package that includes:
- ***$1500 SIGN ON BONUS***
- Health Insurance – Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
- Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) – Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!