Full Job Description
Description: Zepf Center has been serving the Lucas County community for over 40 years. We are the leading provider of behavioral health and substance use disorder services in Northwest Ohio. Services include adult and child psychiatric, substance abuse, case management, residential, and therapy programs, as well as career development and wellness services. Zepf Center partners with Neighborhood Health Association to provide primary care medical services to our patients to contribute to their continuum of care. Zepf Center is a trauma-informed agency and environment for both patients and staff.
We are currently seeking a full-time SUD Counselor to provide day-to-day treatment and programming for patients participating in Zepf Treatment Programs. Duties include patient assessment, linkage, intake, individual, group counseling, case management, and educational presentations. A high level of professionalism and flexibility is essential for the individual to complete job responsibilities. It is expected and essential for all employees to meet their regular work schedule which may include rotation of shifts; weekends and holidays. To be qualified for this position employee must be able to work within our point system. Excessive absenteeism and/or tardiness will not be tolerated. (For more details refer to Policy 803 – Attendance Policy). All employees within this department will be required to learn all aspects of their position even when tasks/responsibilities are divided among staff member and/or shifts.
Essential Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and promote a healthy lifestyle and adhere to productivity requirements and procedures as defined by management staff.
- Complete assessments and intake procedures for patient admission when requested.
- Maintain minimum of 50% Productivity
- Identify and evaluate an individual’s strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences (S-N-A-P) for the development of an individualized service plan and on-going monitoring of progress.
- Facilitate patient group sessions.
- Provide individual patient counseling.
- Develop individualized treatment plan.
- Provide case management services.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Present educational programs in a group setting on such topics as: the disease of chemical dependency, AIDS, special population recovery issues, relapse, sober support activities, and family recovery issues.
- Facilitate patient referrals when indicated.
- Facilitate consultation with other professionals when indicated.
- Complete required patient record documentation within the specified time period.
- Participate in regular patient staffing with appropriate treatment facility staff.
- Develop and maintain liaisons with agencies to assist patients with accessibility to community resources.
- Present community education and awareness programs to the public at the request of the Division Director.
- Orient patients to guidelines governing the program.
- Randomly monitor drug use among patients by using available urinalysis process.
- Work flexible hours depending on patient care and programmatic needs.
- Adhere to all Ohio MHAS, CARF and other governing body’s protocols for care.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree and PCC, LISW, LICDC preferred, bachelor’s degree and current Ohio PC, LSW, or LCDC-III considered.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the disease of chemical dependency and recovery including knowledge of family disease and sober support activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the continuum of patient care and the transition/placement in the various phases of treatment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of patient confidentiality and patient rights.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and literacy.
- CPR and First Aid trained and crisis intervention (CPI) trained.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under the agency’s commercial car insurance.
- Proof of car insurance for the vehicle that will be driven in the course of business.
Job Type: Full-time
- Address Toledo, Ohio, United States
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Telework No telework
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!