JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago. We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Inside the firm we are an ever-evolving landscape of data infrastructure and data technologies to mine diamonds out of our coal mines.
GTI Applied AI mission is to provide business value by solving complex, big scale, high impact problems. The team applies AI to solve open ended problems that align state of the art AI solutions with enterprise scale challenges. In doing so, the team builds software systems, AI models, technological process and intelligent frameworks that minimize the technological risk, increase operational efficiency and increase the investment efficacy in general.
In this role, we are seeking a Technical Program Manager who will own the development cycle of AI/ML capabilities for JPMC businesses.
The candidate in this technical role will own the whole AI/ML product lifecycle, from Proof of Concept (PoC) to Production. Your mission will be to lead our internal data science, engineering and product management teams through the machine learning and software development process. You will be the owner of the sprint planning, overall schedule, budget, and risk mitigation for the customer’s use case. We are looking for an enthusiastic innovator, someone who loves to take initiative and thrives in a fast-paced environment.What you’ll do
- Plan and execute against the product roadmap while influencing its development
- Partner closely with our technology teams, as well as the customer team, throughout the development life-cycle
- Scrum master for Data Science and Engineering teams
- Manage deliveries of workstreams, from idea generation to deploying functionality of our applications
- Develop relationships and influence to ensure dependencies are met and risks controlled
- Drive continuous product development and pitch ideas to senior management
- Participate in client and stakeholder meetings to understand their requirements, evaluate risks and to communicate progress
What you have
- Strong experience in a technical role, including of software development experience
- Technical Project/Program Management experience
- Customer/client facing experience in a technology field
- Excellent written and communication skills
Nice to have
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- A passion for technology and AI/ML
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA, MS Project
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Comfortable communicating with diverse stakeholders and management
Who you are
- You enjoy taking initiative and you bring solutions, rather than problems, to decision-makers
- Analytical, you have a logical method for tackling problems
- Organized and can work to deadlines and prioritize own work
- Innovative and take risks to create new processes and create efficiencies
- Comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Comfortable working in a startup-like environment and love to experiment
- Awesome team member. You know how to engage the relevant people to solve for problems and inspire people to take action
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators.
We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans