Remote Therapist in Texas. Pay is based on experience.
Overview: Therapist will have a caseload assigned to them and will be responsible for facilitating groups/lectures, as well as individual sessions. The responsibility of the position requires that this individual assist clients in recognizing that substance abuse as a disease. Therapist will motivate clients to actively participate in their own recovery process, assist them with learning skills, gaining knowledge to improve their lives so they can live successfully without relying on alcohol or drugs.
The therapist is a highly trained mental health professional who helps clients and families deal with relationship and behavioral issues, processing trauma, and grief. Therapists seek to secure a long-term solution to mental and emotional disorders and a wide variety of issues. Therapists seeks to modify perceptions and behavior, as well as improve communication among families in crisis.
Therapists counsel clients by asking questions to help them identify feelings and behaviors and then collect information using techniques such as testing, interviewing, observation and discussion. Next, they develop and implement treatment plans and counsel clients.
Accountability: Clinical Director
- Develop, monitor, and implement individualized treatment plans in collaboration with client and clinical team members
- Conduct individual, group, family, and substance abuse therapy as needed
- Maintain current and accurate documentation/records/files in accordance with Center policies and procedures, as well as Substance Abuse Regulations
- Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Develop and maintain a functional knowledge of all ancillary mental health services in the county
- Have an understanding of 12-Step programs
- Facilitates crisis and therapeutic interventions
- Counsel family members to assist them in gaining understanding of substance abuse
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed to comply with changes in client’s status
- Document interactions with client using client documentation system
- Participate in staff and clinical team meetings
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Preferred Qualifications: MFT, LCSW, or supervised internship. Two years’ experience in substance abuse or similar. Should be proficient in a variety of office hardware (copy machine, computer, fax machine, etc.) and software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases).
Minimum Qualifications: CPR/First Aid Certification required.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit, stand, and walk intermittently. May be required to lift up to 25lbs.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $28.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Remote
- Salary Offers $28 - $35 an hour