Treatment Counselor, Substance Abuse (CA Registered Certification) – Full Time
- Salary: DOE-Depends on experience/education
- Schedule: Monday-Friday – working 3 shifts 7:00AM-3:30PM and 2 shifts at 12:30PM-9:00PM.
- Work-life fulfillment schedule, Generous PTO, 9 Paid Holidays.
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage residents, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Treatment Counselors in our Community Corrections residential treatment program. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making lasting changes in the lives of people, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding.
The Treatment Counselor implements one on one and group substance abuse counseling services to residents assigned to the treatment program.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Interviews and assesses prospective program participants, and gathers data using appropriate screening and assessment instruments. Establishes rapport with participants and determines individual and group needs based on results of screening and assessment instruments and other collateral sources.
- Facilitates individual and group treatment interventions, in accordance with CoreCivic partner agencies, and prevailing state regulations, statutes, policies and procedures. Uses standardized offender assessment information in developing treatment plans or specific programs.
- Facilitates participant engagement in the treatment process, promoting positive attitudes, skills, coping mechanisms to encourage on-going recovery. Plans participant incentives and uses appropriate therapeutic tools to manage behavioral issues or concerns.
- Maintains the confidentiality of clinical files for each participant to include, but not limited to, intake documents, assessment(s), and interview(s), treatment plan, treatment plan reviews, progress notes, discharge summary, and referrals, according to written protocols and in compliance with prevailing laws and regulation(s).
- Documents and tracks treatment plans, monitors inmate progress and reviews status of inmates/residents to verify that treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Prepares evaluation/transition plans five (5) days prior to resident’s release from program.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Must possess a “Registered” Certification, and be able to obtain full certification within 1 year.
- Preferred – “CERTIFIED” California AOD certification from: (CCAPP Board: CADC, LAADC), (CAADE Board: CATC) or (CADTP Board: CAODC or SUDCC).
- “Registered” status is accepted, but must be fully certified/licensed within 6 months. (SEE full list under requirements)
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.
Types of licenses accepted
- “Registered” status is accepted, but must be fully certified/licensed within 1 year.
(From CCAPP board):
- CADC I = Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor I
- CADC II = Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor II
- CADC-CS = Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor – Clinical Supervisor
- LAADC = Licensed Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor*
- LAADC-S = Licensed Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor – Supervisor*
(From CAADE board):
- CATC – Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor
- CATC I – Certified Addiction treatment Counselor I – (30 Unit Community College Alcohol and Other Drug Certificate)
- CATC II – Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor II – (Associate Degree)
- CATC III – Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor III – (Bachelor’s Degree)
- CATC IV – Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor IV – (Master’s Degree)
- CATC V – Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor V – (Doctoral Degree)
- CATC N – Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor N – (Nursing Degree)
(From CADTP board):
- SUDCC – Substance Use Disorder Certified Counselor
- SUDCC II – Substance Use Disorder Certified Counselor – Advanced Experience
- SUDCC III – Substance Use Disorder Certified Counselor – Advanced Experience and Bachelor Level Education
- SUDCC III-CS – Substance Use Disorder Certified Counselor Clinical Supervisor (effective 1/1/19 all former CAODC-CS counselors will be grandfathered to the SUDCC III-CS upon renewal)
- SUDCC IV: Substance Use Disorder Certified Counselor – Advanced Experience and Master Level Education
- SUDCC IV- CS: Substance Use Disorder Certified Counselor Clinical Supervisor
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off