About the job
Rutgers University Correctional Health Care (UCHC) is seeking a Physician Specialist (Psychiatrist) to work at our South Woods State Prison Facility located in Bridgeton, New Jersey. The Physician Specialist provides direct clinical care to state prisoners, functions collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and maintains effective communication with staff and administration.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides assessments, direct clinical care and treatment to inmates.
- Conducts comprehensive psychiatrist assessments (demonstrating a review of the electronic record, psychotropic medications, history of mental illness, prior psychiatric hospitalization, suicidal, unusual or bizarre behavior) for new admissions to UCHC’s Special Needs roster according to established time frames.
- Orders, initiates and interprets laboratory tests according to required time frames or as medically necessary.
- Conducts adequate and timely civil psychiatric commitment evaluations.
- Participates in treatment planning.
- Higher Education
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work