Full Job Description
We are committed to being a leader in the delivery of effective, compassionate and accessible care informed by research within correctional environments.
We Care. We Teach. We Heal. We Improve.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrating a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides assessments, direct clinical care and treatment to inmates.
- Conducts comprehensive psychiatrist assessments (demonstrating a review of the electronic record, psychotropic medications, history of mental illness, prior psychiatric hospitalization, suicidal, unusual or bizarre behavior) for new admissions to UCHC’s Special Needs roster according to established time frames.
- Orders, initiates and interprets laboratory tests according to required time frames or as medically necessary.
- Conducts adequate and timely civil psychiatric commitment evaluations.
- Participates in treatment planning.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
- Licensed Physician in the State of New Jersey.
- Current DEA registration, CDS and CPR certifications.
- Eligible for certification or certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) in Psychiatry.
- Computer literacy.
- Forensic psychiatry preferred.
- Must possess own vehicle or have alternative means of transportation from one site to another.
- On-call responsibilities.
- Must be approved by the Department of Corrections (DOC) and adhere to all DOC requirements.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you eligible for certification or currently certified by the American Board Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) in Psychiatry with a valid NJ medical license, CDS, and NJ DEA?
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license and possess a vehicle or alternative means of transportation from one site to another?
- * Are you a licensed physician in the State of New Jersey?
- CPR Certification
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Salary Offers $115117
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work