The Wealth Management Charles River Development PMO is tasked with the overall program management of the implementation of a best in class portfolio management platform across Wealth Management. The Program is high profile and spans across multiple Private Bank Lines of Business and functions. The goal of the Program is to transform the operating model for managed account implementation and reduce the number of technology platforms current in place. The impact will be more capacity for growth, enhanced operational controls and efficiency. The PMO is responsible for providing transparency, governance and coordination across the program as well as with other related programs. This is a top priority change management and transformative program with strong senior leadership support.
Role and Responsibilities:
We rely on our Project Managers to know what needs to get done, by whom and when and also to make sure project interdependencies are well understood. It’s important for the PMO to assist our teams in structuring an approach to achieve collective goals.
As a Project Manager within the CRD PMO, you will lead one or more of the program work streams to deliver outcomes. You will need to be able to operate at the strategic and detail levels, adjusting your approach to the differing needs of the work stream Product Owner(s) and team. Our Product Owners need support in designing the future state operating models which includes coordinating resources for discussion and decision making, documenting meeting content, preparing executive level presentations, etc. You will need to be able to build a level of trust with our Technology partners as well as our subject matter functional experts.
As a Project Manager you will critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. A key part of providing transparency is governance; you will assist in the overall management and governance of the program/assigned work stream(s) including producing status, scorecards, and other key program management elements.
We are looking for someone that is eager to learn the ins-and-outs of our business, who is willing to roll up their sleeves and learn to act as a player-coach. It’s critical that the Project Manager bring enthusiasm and inquisitiveness to the job every day.
This Project Manager will be responsible for working with our Managed Accounts Operations teams to consolidate implementation platforms, including transforming their business processes. You will serve a as key partner to the various Process Owners and Technology Lead responsible for joint delivery.
- Project plan development, resource management, requirements management (elicitation, documentation, prioritization, etc.), process mapping, process design, procedure authoring, org design, capacity sizing, etc.
- Apply a critical eye in evaluating existing processes and frameworks; challenge the status quo and recommend solutions / enhancements to operating models and controls
- Work independently, keep management informed of progress and escalate issues
- Data analysis, including data collection, synthesis, and translation of results into concrete actionable solutions
- Build strong partnerships with business & control partners, within the WM Business Management organization, and across Business teams
- Be a team player who shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain a positive attitude and high level of performance on high profile/time-sensitive initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7-10 years of hands on Program/Project Management related to business process transformation initiatives with a technology element
- Demonstrated oral & written communication skills
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, ThinkCell, Project, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Financial Industry Experience is a plus, preferably Private Banking, Investment Management, or Brokerage/IB
- Eager to learn
- Solution oriented
- A Partner
- Not afraid to fail
- Risk minded
- Trained/certified in project or program management
- Trained/certified in Change Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans