Full Job Description
Recovery Network of Programs is one of the fastest growing organizations in behavioral healthcare. We are a non-profit organization that is internationally recognized for our leadership, innovation, and performance in the field of addiction recovery and mental health. In addition, for five consecutive years, Recovery Network of Programs was named one of the Top 5 Work Places of Southern Connecticut by the Top Work Places survey featured in the Connecticut Post, Danbury News Times, Stamford Advocate and Greenwich Times.
Currently, RNP has the following positions available:
Part Time Detox Counselors- Weekends Only
Multiple Shifts Available for Saturday and Sunday!
- Conducts screening, intake, orientation and assessment of clients to obtain information concerning substance abuse and medical history or other pertinent information.
- Implements therapeutic treatment using approved methods of planning, counseling, case management and crisis intervention to assist clients in overcoming substance abuse disorders and other problems.
- Consults with medical doctor or other specialists concerning treatment plan and amends plan as directed.
- Provides information and education to individuals and groups concerning substance abuse and mental health and available services and resources.
- Refers clients to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Assists with laundry (bedding and client clothes)
- Prepares and maintains records on assigned caseload and issues reports.
- Assumes all other appropriate duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in the behavioral sciences and two (2) years experience in counseling preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of counseling. Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate information pertinent to the care of clients. Knowledge of the physical, psychological, social and economic effects of substance abuse, homelessness, medical and mental health issues. Knowledge of community resources. Considerable knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding client confidentiality. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships. Excellent communication skills. Ability to project a professional image.
Incumbents may be required to secure professional certification and/or license. Valid Connecticut driver’s license may be required.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!
Full Time Minneapolis–Saint Paul, Wisconsin, United States