Mental health jobs in California are in high demand as the need for qualified mental health specialists continues to rise. The mental health industry is expecting a job growth rate three times higher than other professions now that most insurance plans cover mental health treatment. There are hundreds of California behavioral health jobs available throughout the state that you can apply for today.
Behavioral Health Jobs is a dedicated online jobs database specializing in the mental health industry. We have jobs in the mental health field in all types of companies, from hospitals, treatment centers, schools and universities, large and small companies, and private practices. Candidates can search for full or part-time positions, and many companies offer remote work options for those who prefer to work from home. The need for qualified mental health workers is at an all-time high. Check out the available California behavioral health jobs in a city near you today on the Behavioral Health Jobs website.
Finding Mental Health Specialist Jobs
Jobs in the mental health industry offer an enriching and challenging career where you will help hundreds of people from all walks of life reach their recovery goals. After completing college courses, candidates can find an entry-level position and grow with the company while working on continuing education and licensing. Companies prefer to find young candidates that they can move up within the company to reach their career objectives.
The typical skills you need to thrive in mental health specialist jobs include:
- Active listening skills
- Able to express empathy
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Strong ethics
- Basic computer skills
- Able to keep healthy professional boundaries
Behavioral Health Jobs provides hundreds of mental health jobs in California and across the country. Candidates can search for jobs by industry, distance from home, remote options, and more.
Mental Health Jobs in California
Here is a list of some of the available mental health jobs in California that you can apply for today:
- Mental health specialist – This position works with Medi-Cal patients to provide intake and psychotherapy for children, adolescents, and families. This position requires a Master’s degree, and pay ranges from $50 to $70 per hour.
- Program manager, mental health – You will serve as a team leader and provide administrative and clinical supervision for the staff. You will also oversee the day-to-day operations of the Housing Supportive Services Program (HSSP). Candidates will need a master’s degree and LMFT, LCSW, and LPCC licensing; salaries range from $65,000 to $75,000 per year.
- Mental health clinician – The clinician is responsible for direct mental health services and documentation for children and their families. You will provide assessments, oversee treatment planning, and evaluation of care. Qualified candidates will have an MS or MA in social work or a related field, with one year of experience as a provider. Salaries start at around $77,000 per year.
- Full-time school-based mental health therapist – This position works directly with children between five and 18 through individual, group, and family therapy. You will also be responsible for attending all team meetings and maintaining proper clinical documentation. This position requires a master’s degree and up to three years of mental health counseling experience.
- Overdose response team outreach advocate – In this position, you will bridge the gap between at-risk community members and the care resources they need. You will be the first point of contact for individuals, providing them with links and resources for available care. This position requires one-year crisis intervention experience and various licenses. Pay starts at around $20 per hour.
Behavioral Health Jobs: Your Best Resource for California Mental Health Jobs
Behavioral Health Jobs is your best resource for mental health jobs in California and across the country. Job seekers can search for administrative and clinical jobs based on education, experience, and licensing. Check out the available job listings on the Behavioral Health Jobs website today to begin an exciting career in the mental health industry.