In New York City, there is a significant demand for qualified behavioral health workers. According to city officials in New York, nearly 280,000 adults are suffering from depression, schizophrenia, and other behavioral health issues. If you are looking for behavioral health jobs in New York, Behavioral Health Jobs has job listings in New York to help with your search.
Popular Behavioral Health Jobs in New York
There are hundreds of behavioral health jobs in New York. Here are some popular job opportunities in New York.
- Behavioral Health Specialist (BHS) – A Behavioral Support Specialist is a critical member of a behavioral health team and will be responsible for contributing to the overall agency efforts. This may include program planning, administrative work, and attending scheduled events. The BHS will carry our assignments and work on any problems and deviations that may arise per the agency’s practices and procedures.
- Assistant Director – As an Assistant Director, you will oversee program staff and assure on-time completion of all employee development goals. You will oversee the development and promotion of department goals, actively promote member development and meaningful work opportunities, including aspirations in education, housing, and social activities. You will also carry a small caseload and be responsible for all documentation.
- RFT/ABA Therapist – A Registered Behavior Technician/Applied Behavioral Analyst Therapist implements ABA programs and behavior management techniques. They communicate with a variety of staff, including ABA therapists, BCBAs, clinic directors, and administrative staff. You are responsible for maintaining strict parent/child confidentiality policies set by the Children’s Autism Center. And understand and comply with all HIPAA regulations. Plus, maintain a professional relationship with the client’s parents/caregivers. Some aspects of the job will require you to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Behavioral Health Aide, Psychiatric Services – The Behavioral Health Aide will give direct patient support under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). You will perform simple nursing duties, transport patients to and from procedures, and contribute to the overall orderliness and cleanliness of the facility.
- Manager of Operations, Psychiatry Services – The Manager of Operations is responsible for managing multiple behavioral health and medical centers. Plus, supporting the directing and facilitating for all short and long-term planning. You will develop and implement policies, initiate programs and systems, manage resources, and direct staff supervision. You will also assist in facility-wide efficiency efforts such as Hercules, P&L analysis, and Patient Flow.
- Behavioral Health Therapist – A Behavioral Health Therapist will work as a key mental health professional providing clinical assessments and psychotherapy for children and adult behavioral health facilities. This position often requires you to be available for on-site and remote psychotherapy.
- Residential Case Manager – A Residential Case Manager provides case management support for residents in a residential care facility. This includes benefits assistance, help with housing applications, and links to primary and behavioral health care in the community. Travel may be required as these services are often done at a patient’s residence. Other responsibilities include assisting with program audits, liaison with other departments and outside agencies, and completing incident reports in accordance with Bridge policies.
Education for Behavioral Health Jobs in New York
Qualified applicants for most behavioral health jobs will require some form of post-secondary education. Behavioral health applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in such fields as:
- Social Worker
- Occupational therapy
- Recreational therapy
Clinical behavioral health counselors will need a master’s or Ph.D. degree to diagnose patients with mental health and substance use disorders.
Behavioral Health Jobs: Your Best Resource for Finding Behavioral Health Jobs in New York
If you are interested in behavioral health jobs in New York, Behavioral Health Jobs provides hundreds of job opportunities in New York for qualified behavioral health workers. Whether you want to specialize in addiction, mental health, childhood development, or other notable careers, Behavioral Health Jobs is the best place to start your search for behavioral health jobs in New York.