Employers are looking for candidates who come with several years of work experience and other skills that would make them a good match for the position. What are transferable skills? Transferable skills are any work or personal experience that you can use to benefit your new role. These can include anything from problem-solving skills to analytical reasoning and professional writing skills. These skills and others can help you secure careers in healthcare and thrive in any position that you apply for.
At Behavioral Health Jobs, our website specializes in the behavioral health industry, with jobs for young students just starting their careers and seasoned professionals looking for new opportunities. Candidates can search for jobs by experience and education level, certification requirements, remote or onsite work options, and other criteria. If you are ready to start searching for new careers in healthcare, check out the available jobs on the Behavioral Health Jobs website today.
What Are Transferable Skills?
Transferable skills can help you stand out above the crowd even if your work experience is lacking. The personal experiences you have in life and the way you handle stressful situations or people will go a long way toward helping you succeed in your chosen career.
Knowing how to work a computer program, operate specific machinery, or diagnose patients are just some of the work experiences that employers are looking for. They also want their employees to have other soft skills, such as being able to think for themselves and be able to act quickly and efficiently in this sometimes hectic industry.
Some of the common transferable soft skills that are necessary for the behavioral health industry include:
- Able to express empathy
- Can separate work and personal life
- Able to work with men and women from all walks of life
- Have a strong desire to help people
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
Working in the behavioral health industry is a very rewarding and challenging career choice. At Behavioral Health Jobs, we offer job-seeking tips to give you an upper hand in finding a new career helping people live their best lives.
Transferable Skills for Your Resume
Throughout your work career, you will pick up several transferable skills for your resume. These are the skills you pick up through work and personal experiences that will make you a better employee and will make life, in general, easier to manage. Here are some of the top transferable skills that healthcare companies are searching for today:
- Time management – This skill is very important for any career field. Keeping yourself organized and getting tasks finished on time is extremely important, as there will be times when other responsibilities will interrupt your normal routine. You will need to be able to manage your time effectively to handle your daily workload in addition to any challenges the job presents.
- People skills – Getting along with everyone is an important skill to have in the healthcare industry. You will be working with people from different cultures, religions, and beliefs and will need to speak to them in a way that will convince them to follow your advice and work on the issues that are impacting their lives.
- Active listening – Being able to listen and understand what people are saying is an acquired skill that many people do not have. You will need to know how to listen to what patients are saying and be able to use that information to create treatment plans and know which therapies will support their recovery.
- Leadership skills – Men and women who are interested in leadership roles will need to know how to work with all types of people and motivate them to complete their assigned tasks. These skills can benefit you in running a project, managing a team of healthcare providers, and running your own company.
- Critical thinking – This skill is very important in the healthcare industry. Those who are diagnosing patients will need to analyze what they are saying and come up with a treatment plan to address all of the issues they are dealing with. This skill can help you decide which treatment options are best depending on the person and their experiences.
What are transferable skills? These are the skills that you pick up through work and personal experiences that you take with you when you are ready to start a new career.
Behavioral Health Jobs Offers the Top Careers in Healthcare
Behavioral Health Jobs is an online database dedicated to the behavioral health industry. We connect job seekers with the top jobs in treatment centers, K-12 schools and universities, government agencies, and private practices all across the country. Plus, we include various job-seeking tips to fine-tune your resume and prepare you for your interviews to help you land that dream job.
Check out all of the available jobs on the Behavioral Health Jobs website today to find a new rewarding career. Reach us with questions or concerns via our online contact form.