Relationships between families are sometimes put under significant stress when a family member struggles with depression, substance abuse, or a developmental disorder. A family care specialist can help resolve relationship conflicts, improve communication between family members, and be there in times of crisis. If you are interested in a fulfilling and challenging career, family specialist jobs provide valuable support for families affected by substance abuse or other behavioral health issues.
Behavioral Health Jobs is a website dedicated to the behavioral health industry and helps connect job seekers with the right jobs for their career path. Candidates who have a strong desire to help families and have the necessary education and certifications will find plenty of senior-level positions where they have a direct impact on changing the lives of countless families. They also have plenty of entry-level and mid-level positions for job seekers at any experience level. Check out all of the available family specialist jobs on the Behavioral Health Jobs website today.
What Is a Family Care Specialist?
A family care specialist provides care and support for families in several different areas, including mental health disorders, developmental disabilities, marriage and relationships, and other areas. They work with individuals and families in private and group therapy sessions where they work out any issues they are facing, improve their communication skills, and develop healthy coping skills to manage symptoms and gain a healthier outlook on life.
For those interested in a career as a family care specialist, you will need to complete several years of education and clinical experience before you can treat patients. Plus, several certifications allow you to specialize in specific areas of family care. On average, students will spend:
- Four years in an undergraduate program for a bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field
- Two years in a master’s program working on a degree in family development, marriage and relationship development, or other degrees
- 2,000-3,000 clinical hours of supervised work experience
- Several hours on continuing education for certifications and to stay current with new technologies
Some administrative and technical support positions only require a high school diploma and provide essential support for therapists, psychologists, and other professionals.
Choosing a Career in Family Services
There are careers in family services available in several different industries, including family medical practice, community outreach centers, local and federal agencies, K-12 schools and universities, and many others. If you are still in school and interested in starting your career early, many organizations offer internships that often turn into full-time careers that will cover the cost of continuing education.
Just some of the benefits of working in family services include:
- Helping children, teens, and adults improve their mental health and create a stronger family bond.
- There are an average of 75,000+ new family care specialist jobs each year, and job growth is expected to increase yearly.
- There are many different areas to specialize in, such as education and development, family and marriage counseling, health and wellness centers, addiction treatment facilities, and many others.
- Jobs in the behavioral health industry offer higher-than-normal salary ranges and exceptional benefits packages to attract potential candidates and keep them.
- A very rewarding career path, with some positions having a direct impact on the families they support
Behavioral Health Jobs: Your Top Resource for Family Specialist Jobs in a City near You
Behavioral Health Jobs provides a job board specializing in the behavioral health industry for candidates who are looking for an exciting career as a family care specialist. Job seekers can look for jobs based on experience and education level, specialty licensing, and remote or on-site work options. Many companies are now offering a hybrid work environment with in-person and remote work options available to improve the work-life balance.
Begin your job search today by checking out all of the family specialist jobs near you on the Behavioral Health Jobs website.