Iowa City Community School District: Special Education Social Worker
- MSW or LISW certification.
- Iowa Statement of Professional Recognition license with school social work endorsement. 3. Experience working with adolescent youth and their families.
- Knowledge of community resources in Johnson and surrounding counties.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of human and social development and the underlying problems that cause youth to be at-risk
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and collaborate with other professionals
- Current Safety Care certification 9. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
JOB GOALS: Assist in the provision of services to individuals entitled to special education services.
- Supports total school/community efforts to create a positive learning environment for all students.
- In collaboration with the special education teacher and other team members, models, implements and assesses strategies related to social-emotional, behavioral and mental health needs to enhance educational programming for entitled students.
- Provides individual, family and group interventions and services to support the provision of services necessary for a free and appropriate public education.
- Coordinates and advocates appropriate student services with other agencies and professionals. 5. Consults with special education teachers to provide recommendations for strategies to support the specific mental health needs of students.
- Maintain professional competence through professional development education activities provided by the school district and in self-selected professional growth activities coordinated with home school.
- Reinforce components of an effective PBIS framework.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior necessary in order to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Maintain data/log of activities/supports provided to students on a weekly basis and share the report at team meetings.
- Handles information in a confidential manner in accordance with established policies and legal requirements.
- Attends IEP meetings and contributes as a member of the team.
- Other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
186/184 Contract Days. Salary and calendar year established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: The performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the District’s policy on Evaluation, State Statute, and any applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Salary Offers $42,070 a year