Help improve the quality of life and health outcomes of individuals re-entering into the community!
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as an After Care Coordinator in the Substance Use Recovery programs at Behavioral Health Network!
In accordance with the BHN Mandatory COVID vaccine policy – all staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated no later than day one of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be offered and must be approved prior to starting work.
The same guidelines noted above apply during flu season (defined as December 1st – through end of flu season as announced by the CDC) for BHN’s Mandatory Influenza Vaccine policy.
Additionally, BHN is a Tobacco Free workplace. All Staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors agree not to smell of or use Tobacco or ENDS products while on paid work time or within sight of any BHN facility.
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the Substance Use Disorder programs with the following:
- Working directly with incarcerated and sectioned individuals to ensure a seamless transition to community programs that provide medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD).
- Assessing the needs of program participants prior to their discharge
- Collaborating with community providers to ensure that appointments and medication are available at release.
- Meeting regularly with the persons served and the Hampden County re-entry team at the Sheriff’s department to create a comprehensive release plan for each individual.
Who are we?
Behavioral Health Network Aftercare Coordinators provide a solid first step in continuing recovery from Opiate Use Disorders (OUD) post-incarceration. BHN partners with CODAC Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) located within the Hampden County Sheriff Department to offer aftercare planning to individuals discharging from secure environments. Our aftercare planning team assures that individuals with opiate use disorders entering and leaving the facility have seamless access to medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD).
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
- Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
- You will be able to change a person’s life
- You will expand your experience in various areas of mental & behavioral health
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
- You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
What are we looking for in an After Care Coordinator?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (preferred). May be substituted with relevant experience and Associates degree, CHW or Recovery Coach Certification, or High School Diploma.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (preferred).
- Knowledge of mental illness, the interface between mental health, medical, substance abuse and care management.
- Familiarity with Internet, word processing and emails systems (required).
- Professional demeanor and phone skills in communicating with members and collaborating providers.
- Cultural competence in working with participants, with a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in providing assistance with obtaining resources and/or navigating systems to individuals with SUD and behavioral health problems.
- Experience advocating for individuals who have been incarcerated.
- Good communication skills, interest in helping others.
- Ability to work effectively as a team and/or individually.
- Meets contractor criteria required by HCSD/CODAC that may include extensive background investigation, drug testing and medical clearance.
- Able to report on site M-F 8 a.m. -4 p.m. (this is not a remote position).