Location: Swope Health Central
Pay: Starting pay $40,000 annually
Position Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
**Sign On Bonus** $1500 for candidates who are selected to be paid in two increments – $750 at hire and $750 at 90 days of employment.
At Swope Health, you’ll work with a great team in a supportive environment that requires excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. You will be part of a dedicated organization of Associates that strives to “make care visible” for the individuals we serve. The Case Manager (Community Support Specialist)provides a variety of direct services to individuals with severe emotional disturbance or serious mental illness. Our goal is to support individuals to be able to, not only maintain their ability to stay in the community, but to support them in improving their situation in the community.
At this time some client visits are being conducted remotely using telehealth platforms.
- Provide case management services in the community, including connecting to resources and arranging access to rehabilitation groups, medical care, education, and psychiatric care
- Complete documentation of services provided to participants following guidelines from Missouri Medicaid/Department of Mental Health and enter into the electronic health record in the timeframe allowed
- Work with individuals to set goals and develop a plan for treatment with them to measure their progress toward goals
- Participate in annual assessment for continuation of services
- Assist with housing needs
- Coaching on life skills to improve activities of daily living
- Participate in discharge planning
- Crisis intervention during working hours and referral for crisis after hours
- Assist with application and renewal of benefits like Medicaid, SNAP, SSI/SSDI, and Ticket to Work
- Participant in psychiatric appointments and medical appointments to assist with achieving goals for overall health and wellness
- Provide transportation as medically necessary to access resources or attend community appointments
- Follow agency policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School/GED required with appropriate years of experience working with individuals with psychiatric, substance use, or individuals with developmental disabilities
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services related field preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and Insured Automobile
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Knowledge of community resources and how to access
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with participants
- Desire to serve others and carry out the mission of Swope Health
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Demonstrate cultural competency with diverse patient population
Swope Health offers excellent benefits that include: medical/dental/vision insurance, short and long term disability, health savings plan, paid time off, annual fitness reimbursement subsidy, tuition reimbursement, life insurance policy, and 401K.
- Associates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtain an approved exemption for vaccination accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
- Salary Offers $40,000 a year