- Coordinate with different areas, including Trading, Technology, Product Control, Business Management, Market Risk, and Settlements to drive process, system and product changes
- Perform root cause and thematic analysis on trade fails to provide visibility to management on categories of potential risk
- Identify areas for improvement and drive change to enhance control and reduce manual intervention, including prioritizing the team’s intelligent automation agenda
- Liaise with traders and counterparties to ensure accurate and timely trade capture in the Risk Management systems
- Provide support or resolve any ad-hoc queries pertaining to the booking, P&L, or risk representation for traders in the books
- Work with Traders, Finance and other groups to resolve various issues affecting P&L
- Investigate and resolve issues causing breaks or failures for the supported business
- Monitor various controls implemented to mitigate risk to the business
- Produce statistics and MIS
- Participate and contribute to the various strategic initiatives; keep improving and evolving processes and business architecture
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in order to identify, understand and address complex operational and technical issues
- Excellent data analysis skills. Ability to work with large quantities of data and draw out key themes and conclusions
- Keen focus on continuous process improvement and maintaining a robust control environment
- Ability to multitask and to work under pressure, prioritizing duties according to risk
- Previous experience in the Financial Services industry, ideally with understanding of securities settlements and markets
- Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations but moreover develop strong working relationships with them
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. A key aspect of this is the ability to clearly articulate issues and influence resolution
- A self-motivated individual who is able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst also working effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of the front to back Operations process (including the key elements such as confirmations, settlements, and regulatory reporting) and facilitate issue resolution across teams
- Understand the key elements of other infrastructure groups (i.e. Finance, Market risk, Credit risk, Operational risk, Legal, Collateral, etc.) and recognize the impact of the actions of the Trade support team on these areas
- Strong technical skills, especially in Excel (VBA is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in securities settlements and/or markets is preferred
- Trade support experience of cash or derivative products is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans