Rose View Nursing & Rehabilitation is searching for an experienced Social Worker to join the team!
Long term care experience with the geriatric population is required for this position.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Knowledge of elderly ill and/or disabled.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Basic understanding of following step-by-step procedures.
- Follows and understands written and oral directions.
- Knowledge of equipment used in long-term care (e.g., lifts, wheelchairs, Geri chairs, and scales).
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Education & Qualifications
- Must possess at a minimum a bachelor’s degree from accredited school in Social Work or related field.
- A physical examination and/or evidence from a physician indicating freedom of communicable disease to be available upon employment.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Must be knowledgeable of social services practices, procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines governing long-term care
- Ability to work independently or part of a group.
- Effectively communicate with others.
- We are a 123-bed facility offering long term care and short-term stay
- We provide exemplary customer service and top-quality care to our residents
- We are committed to team-oriented outcomes and quality care
- We value our employees by offering opportunities for career advancement
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid time off (PTO), Holiday, and sick pay
- Continuous professional and clinical training
- Awards and recognition programs
- 32 hrs/week
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.