As a Clinical Therapist at Family Service of Lake County in Highland Park, Illinois, you’ll be improving the quality of life and wellbeing for youth, couples, adults, seniors, and families in a multicultural setting.
The Clinical Therapist position is a hybrid, full-time role (also seeking part-time) with a pay range of $30-$50 per hour depending on experience.
Family Service of Lake County was founded on the belief that each person has the potential to live the life they want and that everyone should have access to quality, professional counseling services, regardless of ability to pay. While we offer sliding-fee scale payments to some of our clients we do not compromise on the pay of our clinical therapists. All our clinical therapists receive a dedicated hourly rate, regardless of their client’s out-of-pocket costs.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous clinical therapy experience, which includes:
- Providing direct clinical services to clients across the lifespan addressing emotional, behavioral, and relational issues and promoting positive mental health
- Conducting diagnostic assessments and developing treatment plans collaboratively with all clients
- Working with multicultural population or some understanding of the dynamic social service issues, including bilingual/bicultural challenges; bilingual Spanish proficiency preferred, but not required as we can provide an interpreter to therapists not proficient.
- You have experience or a desire to work in the area of Trauma Informed Care
- You’re eager to help your community by developing and facilitating short term psycho-educational group and community presentations as appropriate
- You’ve worked with external community partners (schools, hospitals, psychiatrists, doctors) coordinating collaborative case management services as needed, including advocacy, referral and coordinating services on behalf of the client
- You’re all hands-on deck when needed to assist administrators with completing client outcome measures for funding partners and for service evaluation; and maintaining regular relational contacts with specified community partners.
Family Service of Lake County offers benefits to therapists consistently working at least 30 hours per week that include health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with match after one-year, and a flexible spending account.
All you need to apply now is to have the following:
- In good standing within Illinois as an active Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Must also be comfortable with completing all DCFS checks and authorizations as it is required for our profession.
- Lastly, a big heart is required.
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Remote Work Part-time remote work