Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. We specialize in treatment of chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma.
La Rabida provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary health services to children across a continuum of care, serving as a model for family-centered care.
La Rabida is a very special place. Triumphs occur here. Children overcome odds and excel beyond hope. This is where those who serve gain more than they give. La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions.
Our lakefront location is spectacular. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place.
4 day – 10 hour per day work schedule
Function in an independent and professional manner to provide high-quality behavioral health services to outpatient clients and their families.
- Work with behavioral and mood disorders in children and adolescents
- Use evidenced based models of care
- Independently conducts clinical intake assessments and assigns DSM 5/ICD-10 diagnosis
- Issues and scores various scales and measures to evaluate functioning and for diagnostic clarification
- Conducts individual, family and group therapy
- Provides case management and advocacy for clients
- Provides support to department colleagues as needed
- Provides both care in outpatient setting and during medical clinics
- Provides coverage for colleagues as needed
- Documents sessions and clinical activities within the guidelines of hospital policies and accreditation
- Attends department meetings and presents cases for review
- Collaborates with internal and external providers to promote comprehensive care
- Works with diverse client base
- Interfaces and collaborates with hospital multidisciplinary team
What we need from you:
- LCSW or PhD in Psychology required.
- Professional experience in delivering behavioral health care to children and adolescents.
- CPR required: Only certifications issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross will be accepted.
Conditions of Employment Required to demonstrate full vaccination status for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized or FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine; OR Qualify for a reasonable accommodation for an exemption from vaccine requirements based on a medical disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief. Additional information and instructions regarding how to request a reasonable accommodation will be provided on request at the time of selection.
What you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Plan – plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our customized 403b plan with generous matching
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) – we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
- Tuition Reimbursement
La Rabida Chilren’s Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Behavioral Medicine
- Case Management
- Clinical Works
6501 South Promontory Drive
Health Care, Nonprofit – Social Services