We are hiring for a Mental Health Technician/Behavioral Health Tech for our program in Port Lavaca, Texas.
The Mental Health Tech is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patients’ physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Assist in maintaining medical records.
- Monitor patient interactions and safety.
- Provide clerical support.
- Assist in patient data collection.
- Provide patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Utilize knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Daily transporting of patients.
- Posting charges daily and entering census information.
- Scheduling patient’s therapy and psychiatric appointments.
- Answering phone for program – screen calls, take messages
- Processing mail and order program supplies.
- Assisting patients with some ADL’s with toileting needs.
- Verify insurance.
Weekdays, full time with good benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
All employees follow the guidelines set by the hospital.
Work Location: One location
- Salary Offers $13 - $15 an hour