Mental Health Technician – Inpatient Mental Health
Shift: 11:00 pm -7:30 am
Hours: 24 hours per week
Position Summary: This position provides direct care to patients as delegated by and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Delivers assigned, delegated, direct care consistent with the individualized treatment plan. Performs non-patient care activities as assigned. Maintains a safe & therapeutic treatment environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains clinical measurements.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Responds to patient requests timely and efficiently
- Gathers objective data & observation about the patient
- Conducts therapeutic activities with groups or individual patients
- Monitors patient & environmental safety continuously
- Documents in the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Schedules appointments for diagnostic testing, alternative care, or patient transport.
Must have one of the following:
- Associates degree or higher in psychology, social work or other related field with 6 months of mental health experience preferred or
- Two years of experience in a mental health setting or
- Nursing student in a National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited RN program with successful completion of at least one hospital rotation
- CPR Certification – may be obtained after hired
Lindner Center of Hope – 4075 Old Western Row Road – Mason, OH