9:30am – 6:00pm
Remote after 4-6 months of in-person training in York, PA
Under general supervision of the Manager BH Central Scheduling Services, provides centralized scheduling and support services for all behavioral health outpatient clinics, according to the patient’s needs. Interviews patient to obtain necessary information to recommend appropriate level of care. Provides support to multiple provider types in behavioral health intake process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers incoming calls via centralized phone queue with exceptional customer service skills. Manages the needs of each patient appropriately.
- Schedules appropriate appointment within established parameters by determining the needs of the patient (i.e. psychiatry, psychotherapy, new or established patient, substance abuse or mental health intake).
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages, and provides routine information to callers.
- Conducts patient interview over phone to obtain accurate and pertinent information regarding the patient’s mental health or substance abuse status, needs, and history to determine treatment needs
- Conducts patient interview over phone to obtain accurate demographic, financial, and biographic information. Understands patient insurance information and correctly enters that information into the EHR system.
- Provides guidance and support at time of initial telephone contact with patients and schedules initial office visit.
- Receives information on patients being discharged from facilities and assesses for appropriate level of care based on patient mental health and substance abuse history and needs
- Provides referral information to patients or providers in the event the requested service or appointment is not available in an adequate timeframe.
- Participates and completes all required trainings to ensure competency in substance use screening
- Minimum Experience:
- 3-6 months telephone management experience
- Behavioral Health/Human Services experience preferred
- Insurance knowledge
- Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Field Of Expertise:
- Health-related, behavioral health
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills; analytical abilities; computer and keyboard skills; community services and/or other physician support systems; proficiency in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) principles of de-escalation; knowledge of EPIC; knowledge of insurance
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the current state of residence; driving record must meet requirements established by WellSpan Risk Management