If you are an amazing service provider and are ready for your next life saving experience then keep reading because this is for you!
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Crisis Counselor Supervisor in the Crisis program at BHN!
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the Crisis program with the following:
- Supervising and Providing high-Quality, Community-based care to individuals by leading a crisis team through effectively distributing and overseeing workload.
- Assisting Clinicians as they support individuals in both community based locations, Mobile intervention services and the BHN Crisis Phone number.
- Determining and authorizing insurance as well as documenting and billing for services based on compliance regulations.
- Communicating with shift supervisors, BHN Managers, And other Administrators is essential to completing team tasks.
- Supporting Individuals clinically and non- clinically.
- Completing Supervisory and Administrative duties
- Maintaining a positive relationship with the crisis team community providers, and individuals served.
Who are we?
BHN’s Crisis Program provides 24/7 front-line response to individuals of all ages who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis, regardless of insurance. BHN provides services on a mobile basis, including home and community-based settings or in an emergency department when needed.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
- Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
- You will be able to change a person’s life
- You will expand your experience in various health areas at the same time
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
- You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
In accordance with the BHN Mandatory COVID vaccine policy – all staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated no later than day one of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be offered and must be approved prior to starting work.
The same guidelines noted above apply during flu season (defined as December 1st – through end of flu season as announced by the CDC) for BHN’s Mandatory Influenza Vaccine policy.
Additionally, BHN is a Tobacco Free workplace. All Staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors agree not to smell of or use Tobacco or ENDS products while on paid work time or within sight of any BHN facility.
Crisis Counselor Supervisors at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Knowledge of mental illness and substance abuse, crisis intervention, and the service delivery system.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Time management, multi-tasking, and good organizational skills.
- Empathic skills and the ability to establish rapport and collaborate with consumers, family members, and service providers.
- Familiarity with the internet, word processing, and email systems.
- Reliable transportation during each shift to provide community-based services (required).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (required).
- Prior supervisory experience (required)