Hearnes Forensic Center
Fulton State Hospital
600 East Fifth Street
Fulton, MO 65251
Why you’ll love this position:
Fulton State Hospital is a community of caring, skilled people, partnering with individuals challenged by mental illness to inspire healing and recovery. Through Respect, Encouragement, Compassion, Opportunity, Value, Excellence, and Responsiveness, YOU will contribute to individuals’ recovery and positively impact those you serve.
What you’ll do:
- Provide direct care, treatment, and/or security of forensic psychiatric and/or sex offender clients in minimum security areas
- Accountable for assisting clients with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, bed making, shaving, dressing, and other related tasks.
- Assist in checking vital signs, height, and weight as assigned
- Collect and maintain records of fluid intake and output
- Report on the condition of clients
- May perform internal environment of care checks or perform some security-related functions in a mental health care setting
- May also be responsible in assisting with passing medications
All you need for success:
- Must be 18 years of age or older to work in Minimum Security Units
- Candidates must be able to work either day or night 12 hour rotating shifts (shift preference considered but not guaranteed)
- Ability to work with clients with physical or mental illness, developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, and/or the geriatric population
- Ability to perform first aid and emergency treatments as instructed
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to provide compassion and empathy
If you have questions about this position please contact:
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Salary Offers $25,831 a year