Immediate Openings Available at New Trails, LLC! Apply today!
New Trails, LLC is searching for direct support professionals to staff our group homes in East Mesa to assist and care for those with developmental disabilities. We take pride in providing high quality services in healthy, stable environments.
If you are looking for more than just a job, something meaningful, and rewarding, apply today! No experience necessary.
We are searching for enthusiastic, positive, and committed male and female individuals to join our team of exceptional, results-oriented direct support professionals. Employees must have a passion for helping others and open to learning how to best support individuals with developmental disabilities. Part-time and full-time available (preferably full-time), benefits available for employees averaging at least 30 hours per week. A typical overnight shift at our homes include:
- Overnight Shift- 10:00pm- 9:00am
Candidates MUST have:
- A valid AZ Driver License
- Ability to pass a background check
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must stay awake throughout the shift!
- Checking on residents every 20+ minutes throughout the night.
- Behavior Management through Positive Behavior Support strategies.
- Administration of Medication.
- Completing daily communication (Program log, staff communication log, mileage log, group messaging through apps, etc.)
- Transportation to/from, and participation in member activities (medical/dental/psych, shopping, sporting/extracurricular, social, etc.)
- Preparing & cooking meals, house cleaning & maintenance, bed making and laundry.
- Assisting with or completing personal hygiene and grooming.
- Assisting & instructing members with their chores (as appropriate for individual members).
- Assisting member in managing their behaviors, by using positive behavior supports, as well as physical supports as a last resort.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with adults and youth who exhibit behavioral problems while maintaining a positive demeanor.
- Knowledge of basic behavior modification principles, strategies, and techniques.
- Protect members’ rights & act as an advocate for members.
- Provide treatment that promotes member dignity, individuality, self-determination, independence, and positive choices.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and diversity appreciation.
- Recognize, prevent, and respond appropriately to behavioral situations.
- Proficient in reading and implementing the Individual Service Plan and Behavior Treatment Plan.
- Reliable transportation to commute to our Group Homes in East Mesa & Tempe (Required).
- Fluently speak, accurately write and 100% understand the English language (Required).
- Experience caring for a vulnerable individual. (This can include caring for someone who is/was elderly, ill, or disabled in some way; a daycare or babysitting job; or a job at a school in which you interacted with the students; etc. (Required).
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required).
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age (Required).
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card (Required – must be able to obtain this).
- CPR & 1st Aid Certification (Required – we can help you obtain this).
- Article 9 Certification (Required – we can help you obtain this).
- Prevention & Support Certification (Required – we can help you obtain this). This requires you to be able to safely restrain an individual, if absolutely necessary, using your hands and arms in specific methods. It also requires you to be able to get up and down from a kneeling or squatting position.
- Valid AZ driver’s license and able to provide a 36-month clean motor vehicle report in order to be a driver for the agency (Preferred).
- Experience in crisis de-escalation and trauma informed care (Preferred).
What are you waiting for? Hit that Apply Now button and join us in helping our members become as independent as they can be!
Please, make sure to check your email, as we respond to every applicant. Check your Junk/Spam folder, if you don’t see an email from us.
(Direct Support Professional – DSP, Direct Care Worker – DCW, Behavioral Health Technician – BHT, Caregiving, Caregiver, Group Home)
- Salary Offers $14 - $15 an hour