Under general supervision, plans and implements speech-language therapy for our students. Duties include conducting speech and language evaluations on assigned students; determining speech and language appropriate service/therapy hours; and develops appropriate therapeutic treatment plans. Develops speech and language goals and objectives for student IEPs. Develops and implements therapy plans and activities to meet identified goals and objectives. Reports to the Principal, Assistant Principal, or Clinical Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides speech-language therapy services for assigned students; to include individual and group therapy sessions, and/or consultation services as approved in the IEP.
- Conducts speech and language evaluations and assesses student abilities, and identifies student speech and language disabilities and related therapeutic needs. Develops curriculum, speech-language therapy plans and/or related therapeutic activities. Writes speech and language goals and objectives for IEP.
- Writes lesson plans for assigned programs and students. Develops therapy and teaching strategies to successfully incorporate speech activities to support each student’s IEP and to facilitate the student’s achievement of IEP goals and objectives. Prepares materials for planned activities and therapy sessions.
- Collects and records IEP and progress related data obtained from therapy sessions and activities. Maintains and implements data graphs according to our Goal Mastery standards. Evaluates students’ achievements and progress pertaining to speech therapy and lessons; and documents in monthly and/or 9-week progress reports, discharge summaries and annual reviews.
- Consults with supervisors, academic peers and other staff relating to student treatment plans and needs. Ensures compatibility of instructional formats and management procedures for each student in concert with his/her treatment team and overall treatment needs.
- Reviews admissions packets to include previous speech therapy assessments, goals, and treatment.
- Submits individual therapy notes for each therapy session according to our standards and timelines.
- Identifies and obtains necessary supplies and equipment.
- Implements crisis intervention strategies as needed. Documents and reports all incidents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Participates in a variety of meetings and committees such as IEP meetings, staff meetings, speech therapist meetings.
- Provides program related training to staff as requested.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Recommends plans for further speech language services for students being discharged.
- May provide clinical supervision to non-certified speech-language pathologists.
- Attends conferences and events.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a master’s degree in speech language therapy or a related field. Prefer 1 year of clinical experience providing speech therapy; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Requires licensure issued by the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
Requires certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association. Valid driver’s license.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k), including an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Education Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term disability (STD)
- Long-term disability (LTD)
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, you may be eligible for federal student loan forgiveness
- Based on experience and education.
- $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Masters or better in Speech-Language Pathology or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver’s License
- Speech Lang Pathologist
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.21 – $53.46 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Speech Language: 2 years (Required)
- Speech Language Pathology License (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person
- Salary Offers 73,000-111,000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work