Mental health jobs in Texas are in high demand across the state as more and more people struggle with their mental health. Over four million people struggle with depression, PTSD, or addiction in Texas, and there is a shortage of qualified therapists and support staff to support the demand. There are thousands of jobs in mental health available today in Texas for those looking for an exciting and challenging career in the mental health industry.
At Behavioral Health Jobs, we connect job candidates with the best mental health jobs in treatment centers, hospitals, and community centers across the state. Job seekers can search for jobs by experience and education level, remote or onsite options, and other criteria to narrow their search. To find a new career, start searching through all of the available jobs in the mental health field on the Behavioral Health Jobs website.
Succeeding in the Mental Health Industry
Jobs in the mental health industry are challenging and rewarding. Counselors and therapists who work with patients directly will have a significant impact on their health and well-being. It can be challenging on some days, but seeing their patients thrive is worth all of the challenges that come with this industry.
If you are thinking about a career in mental health, here is a general look at the education requirements:
- Completion of a bachelor’s and master’s degree in psychology or a related field
- 2,000 – 3,000 hours of clinical work experience supervised by a licensed mental health worker
- Obtain state licensing through the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Obtain licensing to practice in specialty areas
- Continuing education to renew licensing and learn new modalities
At Behavioral Health Jobs, our database is updated daily with the top mental health jobs in Texas where you can begin your new career.
Finding Mental Health Jobs in Texas
Before you begin your search for a new mental health job, make sure you have your resume up to date with a professional cover letter to stand out above the crowd. This is the first impression a hiring manager will get of you, and you want to make sure it is the best.
Here are some of the Texas behavioral health jobs available today:
- In-home behavioral therapist – In this position, you will be working with children ages 18 months to 12 years old with autism through in-home ABA therapy. You will work one-on-one with each child to assess and implement treatment plans while collaborating with other therapists for the best treatment options.
- Licensed professional counselor (LPC) – In this role, you will evaluate patients’ mental health needs and develop and implement an effective treatment program. You will maintain a minimum caseload of 25 patients with weekly appointments.
- LPC/LPCA Christian counselor – This position is a contract 1099 position where you will work with a wide range of people through in-person therapy sessions. You will have a full support staff providing scheduling, clerical help, and advertising so you can concentrate fully on treating patients.
- EAP clinical counselor – This is a fully remote position where you will work one-on-one with members through telephone-based therapy sessions and lifestyle management services. You will assess their immediate needs and provide them with the appropriate services.
Texas behavioral health jobs are in high demand in El Paso, Plano, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, and all across the state.
Behavioral Health Jobs Provides the Top Mental Health Jobs in Texas
Behavioral Health Jobs is a dedicated database of jobs in the behavioral health industry in Texas and across the country. Our website is updated daily with all the best mental health jobs in Texas for candidates fresh out of college and those looking for a new position to further their careers. Start your new search for an exciting career today on the Behavioral Health Jobs website.