As a certified therapist, you will work with children, teens, and adults who are struggling with depression, relationship problems, substance abuse, or other issues that are impacting their lives. The last few years have been very difficult for a lot of people, leading to an increase in addiction and depression cases across the country. Certified therapist jobsare in high demand right now, and companies are eager to fill their positions and help their patients live their best lives.
At Behavioral Health Jobs, our website focuses on the behavioral health industry and is updated daily with the latest certified therapist jobs near you. Applicants can search for jobs by category and type, experience and education level, industry, and the date the ad was posted. Plus, we also give candidates helpful tips for landing their dream job. If you are interested in an exciting career as a certified therapist, go to the Behavioral Health Jobs website today to view all of the available jobs.
Becoming a Certified Therapist
If you are interested in becoming a certified therapist, you will need to complete several years of education and work experience before becoming certified to treat patients. In addition, successful candidates will need active listening skills, able to express empathy, and can separate their work and personal lives to avoid burning out. Becoming a certified therapist is a very rewarding career choice, but it can be very challenging at times. You are happy when your patients flourish and feel their pain when they fail.
To become a certified therapist, you must complete the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, or psychology
- A master’s degree in psychology
- 2,000 – 3,000 hours of supervised clinical work experience
- Receive licensing in specialty areas such as substance abuse, marriage counseling, or other behavioral health fields
In many cases, those who struggle with depression or addiction and attend regular therapy for their conditions will become a therapist as a means to help themselves and others. At Behavioral Health Jobs, our website contains the latest jobs in the behavioral health industry where job seekers can find a rewarding career path with above-average pay and benefits.
Applying for Certified Therapist Jobs Near You
If you are interested in a career as a certified therapist, there are many areas where you can specialize. You can focus on marriage and relationships, substance abuse, childhood development, and other career paths that are in high demand.
Here are just some of the available certified therapist jobs that you can apply for in your hometown or anywhere you would like to begin a new career:
- Substance Abuse Therapist—This is a full-time primary therapist position in a residential treatment center. Job duties include completing biopsychosocial assessments, suicide risk assessments, trauma screening, and depression/anxiety screening, along with performing individual and family therapy sessions.
- Group Facilitator—This position requires experience facilitating remote group sessions using telehealth services. You will work with Primary Therapists and Care Coaches to ensure all sessions meet company standards and patients are receiving the best care for their conditions.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor—This is a fully remote position where you will work from your home office to treat patients all across the country. Counselors will use the company’s HIPPA-compliant software to record patients’ progress and success.
- Licensed Independent Therapist—Therapists will provide men and women with psychotherapy and life coaching services via telehealth services. You will develop, implement, and coordinate treatment plans for those who have acute or chronic mental health disorders.
- Outpatient Therapist—This position requires experience working with children and adolescents with mental health illnesses. You will perform comprehensive clinical assessments to find the appropriate treatment program for treating children with mental health illnesses.
Becoming a certified therapist is a very rewarding career path that is well worth the difficulties that are common with this career choice. You will have a direct impact on improving individuals’ mental health and helping them to reach their full potential.
Find the Best Certified Therapist Jobs on the Behavioral Health Jobs Website
At Behavioral Health Jobs, our website is the best place for job applicants to search for certified therapist jobs and other positions in the behavioral health industry. Our mission is to help candidates find new careers as certified therapists in treatment centers, hospitals, government agencies, and other organizations.
To begin a new career search in your city, check out all of the available jobs on the Behavioral Health Jobs website today.